- 1 tablespoon organic, Coconut Oil
- 5 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste (see Thai Red Curry Paste recipe)
- 3 pounds butternut, squash , peeled, seeded, cubed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 2/3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or more to taste
- kaffir lime leaves, chili flakes and chopped roasted cashews, to garnish
- lime, wedges, to serve
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the Red Curry Paste and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add squash and stock. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Set aside and allow to cool until there is no steam coming from the soup.
- Reserve 1/2 cup coconut milk and set aside. Add remaining coconut milk to the squash mixture. Transfer a third of the squash mixture into blender jug and secure lid.
- Dial to BLEND and process for 10-15 seconds or until smooth. Return mixture back to saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Add fish sauce and reheat if necessary.
- Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with reserved coconut milk. Garnish with kaffir lime leaves, cashews and red pepper flakes. Serve with lime wedges.