- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 pounds (2.7kg) bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (12-ounce/350ml) bottle dark Mexican beer
- 1⁄2 cup (120ml) water
- Zest of 1 orange, juice reserved separately
- 3 canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, roughly chopped 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons kosher salt
Limes, warm corn tortillas
Chopped white onion, chopped fresh cilantro, salsa of choice, lime wedges
- Select SEAR and preheat the cooking bowl. Add the vegetable oil and heat until shimmering. Working in batches, cook the meat until well browned, about 3 minutes on each side. Reserve browned pieces on a plate.
- Add the onions and cook until softened and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and beer and cook until beer is reduced by half.
- Select PRESSURE COOK or SLOW COOK CHILI & STEW.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to combine. Return the seared meat to the cooking bowl.
- Select PRESSURE COOK or SLOW COOK BONE-IN MEAT.
- When cooking has completed, carefully remove the bones from the meat and discard. Skim any fat from the surface of the sauce. Shred the meat and season with lime and orange juice. Serve immediately with warm tortillas and toppings of your choice.
PRESSURE COOK: 12.0 psi / 60 min / Auto Quick
SLOW COOK: 5–7 hours HI, 9–11 hours LO