Frozen peach slices stand in for the ice in this simple cooler. Best of all, they give the drink more flavor and body without ay watery dilution. If the sparkling wine is chilled, it will keep both the drink thicker and preserve a little of its bubbly fizziness even after blending.
- 8 ounces frozen peach slices
- 12 ounces Prosecco, Cava, or sparkling white wine
- 2 ounces peach liqueur (not eau-de-vie)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces raspberry syrup (not juice or concentrate)
- Place the peach slices, wine, peach liqueur, and lemon juice in a large blender.
- Cover and blend until icy and thick, less than 1 minute.
- Divide the raspberry syrup between two highball glasses.
- Pour and spoon the frozen libation to force the syrup up the insides of the glass.
- Freeze fresh pitted peach slices (peeled or unpeeled) on a baking sheet for at least 12 hours, then transfer them to a large, sealable bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Garnish: Slip a fresh peach slice on the rim of each glass.