- 250g butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup (80g) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 3⁄4 cup (80g) custard powder
- Extra Icing sugar, for dusting
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups (240g) icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup (60ml) passionfruit pulp
- Preheat oven to 320°F. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Assemble mixer with the scraper beater and the large mixer bowl. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to bowl. Slowly turn mixer to LIGHT MIXING setting and beat for 1 minute.
- Increase speed to CREAMING/BEATING setting and beat for 3–4 minutes until pale and creamy. Reduce speed to LIGHT MIXING setting; add flour and custard powder and beat until just combined.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place onto prepared baking trays. Press with a floured fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 15–18 minutes or until firm to touch. Allow to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining biscuit mixture.
- For the filling; Assemble Mixer using Scraper Beater. Combine the butter and icing sugar in the mixer bowl. Slowly turn mixer to AERATE/WHIP setting and beat 1 minute, increase speed to CREAMING/BEATING setting and beat further 1–2 minutes until thick and pale. Fold through the passionfruit pulp.
- Spread half the biscuits with passionfruit filling and sandwich together with remaining biscuits. Dust with extra icing sugar just before serving serve.