- 1/2 pound cavatappi or penne pasta
- 4 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 1 8ounce package of cremini or baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons jarred roasted minced garlic
- 1 1/4 ounce package of creamy Alfredo sauce mix
- 3/4 cup half-n-half or whole milk
- 2/3 cup of strong coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bring a sauce pan of salted water to boil then pour in the pasta. Cook until heated through and softened, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté 2 tablespoons of butter and the mushrooms slowly in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are soft. Stir in the cumin, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, sauce mix, half-n-half, and the coffee. Cook on medium heat until the sauce boils, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, the sauce will thicken upon standing.
- Stir in the drained pasta and serve topped with the parmesan cheese.
- You can also cook 1lb of Italian sausage in a separate skilled until cooked completely through, slice, and toss with the pasta.