- 4 matzos
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Take each matzo sheet in both hands, and hold it under running water, turning a couple of times.
- After about 15 seconds, you should feel the matzo get “tender.” Remove from water and pat dry. You don’t want the matzo to crumble or get soggy—just a bit soft.
- In a large bowl, break matzo sheets into pieces, about 1 1/2 inches square.
- Add eggs, milk, and salt, and mix gently with a fork.
- Heat butter in a 10–12-inch skillet over moderately high heat.
- Add matzo mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are scrambled and matzo has begun to brown a bit.
- Either stand over the frying pan and eat, or serve immediately.