Kale & Chorizo Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncased, chorizo sausage
- 1 small, red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 portabella mushroom, diced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh, thyme
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- sea, salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- heavy cream, to serve (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, for 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a plate line with paper towels.
- Drain off half the oil from the pan. Return pan back to medium heat. Add onion, garlic and mushroom and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add kale, stock, thyme and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 -15 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Allow to cool slightly. Transfer to blender jug and secure lid. Dial to PUREE. Process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among serving bowls. Top with chorizo and drizzle with cream.