3% Salt Brine Ingredients
- 1 qt Water
- 3 tsp Salt
3% Salt Brine Instructions
- Two weeks prior, combine water and salt to create a 3% salt brine. Place brine solution in large ziplock bag.
- Submerge scrubbed turnips into brine solution. Make sure the turnips are completely submerged.
- Store at room temperature until a ghostly white mold develops on the surface. Transfer to the refrigerator to slow fermentation.
- Store the turnips in the in their brine, they’ll keep for a couple of months.
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 the lemon’s juice
- 4 chives, minced
- 5 sprigs worth of parsley, trimmed and minced
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil, or other aromatic oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fried garlic
- dash of fish sauce
- Stir all ingredients together and place in the refrigerator for an hour.
Fried Turnips Instructions
- Cut the fermented turnips into bite-sized pieces.
- Use a Deep Fryer and heat canola oil to 350F.
- Place turnips in the fryer and fry until golden brown.
- To serve, arrange fried turnips attractively on a plate and spoon gremolata around the turnips.
This strong golden ale is marked by passion fruit and herbal notes in the aroma, with suggestions of banana and honey in the complex palate. The Tripel has a remarkably long and smooth finish.