“Atlantic cod is typically larger than Pacific cod and is one of the most commercially sought after fish in New England. It is prized for its flaky white flesh.” –Chef Jeremy Sewall
- 12 ounces cod fillet, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons tabasco
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the buttermilk and tabasco and pour over the cod.
- Let it soak up to 1 hour.
- Fill the Smart Fryer™ with oil and heat to 350°.
- Mix the flour, dry mustard, paprika, and cayenne pepper together.
- Remove the cod from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour mixture.
- Shake off excess flour from each piece of cod and place carefully in the fryer.
- Let cook until the cod is crispy. Remove onto a paper towel to drain. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with crispy French fries and lemon wedges on a platter.