- 2 small lobsters, about 1 ¼ lbs each, steamed, meat removed or 1 lb of lobster meat
- 3 ears corn
- 12 small basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1 small leek, cleaned, whites sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Herb crème fraiche, recipe follows
- Place the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Just as the butter begins to brown add the shallot and corn to the pan, and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the leek and lobster, sauté for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the heat, season with lemon juice and fold in the basil leaves.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup fresh corn
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, butter, water, and corn.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Bake waffles on a preheated, greased or non-stick waffle iron until golden.
Herbed Crème Fraichè
- ½ T parsley, finely chopped
- 1 t chives, finely chopped
- 1 t tarragon, finely chopped
- ¼ C crème fraiche
- salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk all ingredients together. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Separate the waffle into 4 pieces. Shingle the waffles on a platter and spoon the warm lobster salad over.
- Drizzle with herbed crème fraichè.