- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup (35g) self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup (40g) shredded coconut
Ingredients: Cheesecake top
- 500g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (220g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 300ml thickened cream
- Blueberries, to serve
- Preheat oven 320°F. Grease and line a 5cm deep, 28cm (base measurement) slab pan with baking paper, extending 2cm overhang along both long ends.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar. Transfer mixture to a bowl, add eggs one at a time, whisking well then stir in the flours and coconut. Spread mixture over the base of prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes (base will still be soft). Remove from the oven and set aside 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 300°F.
- Assemble mixer using scraper beater. Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in bowl. Turn mixer to FOLDING/ KNEADING setting and mix for 1 minute. Increase speed to LIGHT MIXING setting and beat for 2–3 minutes until creamy. Reduce speed to FOLDING/KNEADING setting again and add eggs, one at a time then the cream, beat 20–30 seconds until just combined.
- Carefully pour cheesecake mixture over the luke warm base. Bake for about 35–40 minutes or until cooked, the centre will still wobble slightly. Turn oven off and leave door ajar for 2 hours. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into pieces and serve with blueberries.