Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, tough stems removed and discarded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to 1/3-inch thick
- 6 slices ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup panko
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the Smart Oven to 350F (convection roast). Preheat baking sheet (on lowest rack setting) in oven at the same time.
- In a small bowl combine the honey, mustard and curry powder. Separate mixture into 2 equal size bowls.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay pounded chicken breasts on board with the smooth side of the breast down. Using one of the mixture vessels, smear about 1 teaspoon on each breast. Lay two pieces of ham and two pieces of Swiss cheese on each breast. Roll each breast from the top down into a tight tube and lay on its seam. Smear another 1 teaspoon of the curry honey mustard mixture on the rolled chicken breast. Lay one piece of the ham over each breast.
- Rinse the broccoli rabe and spin dry. In a large bowl, combine broccoli rabe, garlic, salt, pepper, and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Remove preheated baking sheet from oven and scatter broccoli rabe mixture over baking sheet. Place in oven for 3 minutes, wilting down the broccoli rabe by about 50%. When wilted, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Push the broccoli rabe toward the sides of the pan, creating an empty space in the center for the 2 pieces of chicken. Lay chicken, seam side down still on pan and return pan to oven for 25 minutes.
- To the second vessel of honey mustard mixture, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and panko. Mix to combine.
- Remove chicken and rabe from Smart Oven. Turn temperature setting to Broil at 500F. Place panko mixture on top of each breast. Return chicken and broccoli to oven. Cook another 5 minutes, until panko is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.