Once again, Breville visited a renowned New York Chef in order to learn how to make a delicious and easy summer gazpacho with oysters. Remember, always wear gloves when shucking oysters at home!
- 1 bunch of celery, juiced
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and juiced
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, finely diced
- 1 cup honeydew melon, juiced
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 English cucumber finely diced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 leaves of basil torn into small pieces
- sprigs of dill to garnish
- 16 fresh oysters, shucked and taken out of the shell
- kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Arbequina olive oil to finish
- Combine cucumber and celery juice, season with kosher salt, add lemon zest, lemon juice, shallot and grated garlic.
- In 4 chilled bowls, distribute diced cucumber and top each bowl with 4 oysters removed from the shell.
- Cover with celery gazpacho. Drizzle with Arbequina olive oil and garnish with basil and dill. Serve immediately.
Eat well in 2013 with Seamus Mullen’s Hero Food!