- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup (280g) crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup (220g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups (260g) plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup (70g) roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (95g) caramel choc chips (see note)
- Preheat oven to 325°F fan forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Assemble mixer using scraper beater. Add butter,peanut butter and brown sugar to bowl. Slowly turn mixer to LIGHT MIXING setting and beat for 30 seconds. Increase speed to CREAMING/ BEATING setting and beat for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Reduce speed to LIGHT MIXING setting ;add egg and beat for 30 seconds. Sift the flour and baking powder over the butter mixture. Increase speed to FOLDING/KNEADING setting and beat for about 30 seconds or until just combined.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir through the peanuts and caramel choc chips. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls.
- Place onto prepared baking trays, allowing room for spreading. Flatten with fingertips to about 1cm-thick. Bake for
15–18 minutes or until golden. Allow to stand on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining cookie mixture.
Caramel choc chips are available in baking section of most supermarkets, alternately use white, milk or dark choc chips.