Buttermilk Waffle Batter
- 3 eggs
- 15 oz buttermilk
- 3 oz vegetable oil (such as sunflower or canola)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup baker’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil into a large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt into a second large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Carefully whisk in egg/buttermilk mixture to form a batter, with just a few lumps.
- If batter is too thick, stir in additional 1–2 tablespoons of buttermilk.
- Select BUTTERMILK setting and set the browning control dial to setting 6.
- Preheat the waffle maker until the LCD color changes to orange and HEATING disappears.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into each waffle square and close lid to cook.
- At the end of the cooking cycle, open the lid and carefully remove your waffles.
Repeat with remaining batter.