- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 jalapeno chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg beef mince
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon chilli Rakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 stick cinnamon
- l bayleaf
- 2 x 400g cans kidney or black beans, drained, rinsed 800g can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup (125ml) water
Suggested toppings: Shredded cheddar, chopped coriander, sour cream, chopped green onions
- Select SAUTE, HI heat, and preheat the cooking bowl. Heat the vegetable oil until shimmering then add the onions, capsicum, and jalapefio chilli. Saute until softened, 5-7 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the beef mince and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up the chunks, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. If desired, drain off any excess fat.
- Add tomato paste, brown sugar, salt, chilli Rakes, cumin, coriander and oregano and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Select PRESSURE COOK or SLOW COOK BOLOGNESE.
- When cooking has completed, open the lid and select REDUCE and desired heat level. Cook until chilli thickens to desired consistency, 5-10 minutes. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Tip: For a spicier chilli, do not remove seeds from jalapeno.