Use the Breville Fast Slow Cooker to make this easy and delicious Paprika Chicken.
Serves 4 – 6
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, skinned and diced
- ½ red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1½ tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 4–6 chicken thigh cutlets with bone (about 2lbs), all skin and gristle removed
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- ½ cup (125ml) light sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Press the FUNCTION button then select SAUTÉ (an indicator light will illuminate).
- Enter 15 minutes TIME (time is displayed on LED).
- Press the START|CANCEL button and wait 3 minutes for the bowl to heat up before cooking.
- Heat oil, sauté onions, tomatoes and bell peppers for about 8 minutes until tender.
- Add paprika and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken pieces and turn over to coat with onion mixture, continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and stir well. Secure lid on.
Pressure Cook Setting
- Press the FUNCTION button then select PRESSURE COOK (an indicator light will illuminate).
- Enter 25 minutes TIME (time is displayed on LED).
- Pressure Release Valve is turned to PRESSURE position and Pressure Control Dial turned to MEDIUM position.
- Press the START|CANCEL button.
- Once timer is “0” and 5 beeps sound, release PRESSURE.
- Open lid. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in sour cream just before serving.