- 4 oz reposado tequila (Patron Reposado)
- 2 bar spoon roasted Poblano Agave (1 tablespoon)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 4 oz fresh red bell pepper juice
- 2 sprigs cilantro
- 2 slices red bell pepper
- Combine ingredients in a mixing glass. Stir/shake until dissolved.
- Pour over ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with skewered bell pepper slice and sprig cilantro.
Roasted Poblano Agave
- 2 large Poblano peppers
- 24 oz light amber agave nectar
- On a hot grill, roast the peppers until partially blackened. Remove and let cool to touch.
- Remove tops and chop each pepper into medium size chunks. Seeds can be removed or left in for an extra spice kick.
- In a small saucepot heat the agave nectar to a simmer.
- Add chunks of Poblano and return to simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
Red Bell Pepper Juice
- 4 red bell peppers, chopped
- Drop the chopped peppers into a blender and blend on high speed until pulpy. You may add a touch of water to ease blending if necessary.
- Pour blended bell pepper through chinois/strainer/cheesecloth to retain only the juice. Refrigerate in a container for use.