- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1¾ cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 cups hot chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Method using the Risotto Plus™
- Press the SAUTÉ button and then the START|CANCEL button. Heat removable cooking bowl for 3 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove lid, add oil and half of the butter, heat for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add onion and garlic, cover with lid, cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened.
- Add rice, mix well, cover with lid, cook for 2–3 minutes or until rice is glossy.
- Stir in wine, cover and simmer for 2–3 minutes or until wine has been absorbed.
- Stir in chicken stock, mixing well. Cover with lid and press the RISOTTO button and then the START|CANCEL button.
- When it has automatically switched to the WARM setting, which will take about 20–30 minutes, remove lid and stir through remaining butter and half the Parmesan.
Serve immediately topped with Parmesan cheese, salt and freshly ground pepper.