• 1/2 cup (125ml) sugar
• 1/2 cup (125ml) cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 cup (500ml) water
• 1 cup (250ml) milk
• 6 or more small marshmallows
• Chocolate shavings
Make chocolate syrup
1. Mix together in a saucepan: sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.
2. On the stove, stir while adding water to the sugar and cocoa mixture, allow it to come to the boiling point and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from the stove, allow the chocolate syrup to cool, set aside.
1. Assemble the milk frother with the cappuccino frothing disc, pour 1 cup of milk in jug, select maximum temperature or slightly lower.
2. After 2 minutes add 2 to 3 tablespoons (45ml) of the chocolate syrup and continue to heat until milk frother stops, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Pour into heatproof cup, top with marshmallows and chocolate shavings.
Caution: Beverage will be hot!
* * * 10 Treats for the Season * * *