My Grandpa Tony made the stuffing with crabs he caught himself trolling around Long Island Sound in his boat, the Cara Mia II.
Crab Stuffed Cremini Mushroom Caps
- 2 cups crab dip
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 pound (about 24) cremini mushrooms, 2-inch-round size
- 3 ounces Asiago cheese
- ½ lemon, shredded
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375°F.
- Lightly brush off any dirt from the mushrooms with a dry dish towel.
- Gently snap off the stem, being careful not to break the cap. Discard stems or save them for another use.
- Fold together ¼ cup breadcrumbs and crab dip recipe. Spoon the filling into each mushroom cap.
- Arrange in a single layer placed on a non-stick cookie sheet or a greased piece of aluminum foil on top of a cookie sheet.
- Set the oven or toaster oven rack to the lowest position. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Yields about 24 stuffed mushrooms.